Around the World in 80 Recipes

This site was created for those who would like to recreate the meals I have written about in the "Around the World in 80 Meals" site. (http://80meals.blogspot.com) On that site, I describe the meals that are cooked for me by people from many different cultures...I enjoy eating those meals and I hope to shed a more positive light on the multicultural society in the Netherlands.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom

I'm Dutch/American, 29 years old, and love getting to know new people and new cultures. Plus I enjoy a good meal! So what better way to combine these interests than through this blog? The idea is to talk to my hosts about what role food plays in their life, who taught them how to cook, what differences they see between local (food) culture and their own, etc. I started out in the Netherlands, but continued the project after my move to the UK in 2007. Email: eightymeals at yahoo dot com

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Belarusian cabbage salad, draniki and bliny

Cabbage salad
Just grate or slice red cabbage, squeeze some lemon juice over it and add salt and oil to taste.

Draniki
Grate 8 medium potatoes on the smallest possible grater, add a scrambled eggs, 2 tablespoons of flour and one grated onion (optional). Make small patties and fry into potato pancakes in a frying pan with sunflower oil.

Bliny
Take four eggs, separate the yolks from the whites, add a bit of sugar to the yolks, 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil, 2 glasses of milk and 1 glass of flour. Stir and ensure there are no lumpy bits. Then beat the egg whites with some salt and add to the batter. Fry the thin pancakes in a frying pan with a little oil. Do not add too much oil, as the batter already contains some.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home